Date:      Sat, 27 May 2006 14:45:55 -0700
From:      "Atom Powers" <atom.powers@gmail.com>
To:        "Imran Imtiaz" <imran@darkstar.thelakecity.com.pk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bringing down and interface when system start

On 5/27/06, Imran Imtiaz <imran@darkstar.thelakecity.com.pk> wrote:
> how can I bring down (disable) a network interface after the system start=
? what would I've to type in /etc/rc.conf file?

Do you mean disable it completely, or do you need to run some network
apps and then disable it?

To disable an interface completely put something like this in rc.conf:
--
ifconfig_<interface>=3D"down"
--

Otherwise you will probably have to have your script do it's thing and
then disable the network, with "ifconfig <interface> down".

--=20
--
Perfection is just a word I use occasionally with mustard.
--Atom Powers--