Date:      Mon, 22 Jun 1998 12:42:21 +0100 (BST)
From:      Scott Mitchell <scott@dcs.qmw.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Xircom ethernet driver?

Just wondering if anyone in the PAO camp is working on support for the
Xirom PCMCIA ethernet cards, particlarly the CE3 10/100 card that I happen
to own :)

I'd really like to kick Winblows off my laptop, but it wouldn't be much use
without the network.  I could probably put a minimal FreeBSD install on
the laptop for testing and to help out with the development, but I don't
feel up to tackling the whole thing by myself.

Apparently the Linux people can drive this card, and it's sufficiently
similar to the Intel offering to use the same driver.  So there is some
code there to start from.

(From http://hyper.stanford.edu/~dhinds/pcmcia/SUPPORTED.CARDS)

Fast Ethernet (10/100baseT) adapters:

        [3c574_cs driver]