Date:      Sat, 26 Aug 2000 11:11:36 +1000 (EST)
From:      Wayne Fu <waynefu@cse.unsw.EDU.AU>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problem enabling IP Multicasting daemon.

Hello,
	We have opted to use FreeBSD RELEASE-3.4.
We have been trying to enable the Multicasting daemon by following the FAQ
on the freebsd website.
We have edited the etc/rc.conf file to include mrouted_enable="YES"
and also recompiled the kernel after updating the GENERIC kernel by
including the 'options 	MROUTING '  option.
We rebooted the system and were faced with errors dealing with starting
the multicast daemon and the error we received was,

mrouted:06:11:08.561 can't forward: only one enabled vif

We also tried manually running mrouted from command line and also received
the error,

bash-2.04# mrouted
mrouted: 06:21:52.675 can't forward: only one enabled vif
bash-2.04# Aug 25 06:21:52 faye mrouted[307]: can't forward: only one
enabled vif
Aug 25 06:21:52 faye mrouted[307]: can't forward: only one enabled vif

Any suggestions ?
Thanks for your help and hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers

Wayne