Date:      Fri, 1 Jun 2001 10:11:04 +0100
From:      Mark Knight <markk@knigma.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   DRI with Matrox G450/XFree86-4.0.3 in 24bpp

I've had good success with my Matrox G450 on 4.3-STABLE, with a freshly
built XFree86-4.0.3 port including the 1.2beta Matrox driver.

Running at up to 1600x1200 with 24bpp is fine, using software only GLX.

Enabling DRI works fine at 16bpp (testing with a newly built xlockmore)
- and provides a significant boost.

However, at 24bpp, at both 1280x1024 and 1600x1200 'xlock -modelist
allgl -nolock', is displayed (very quickly:) in the top half of the
screen, with random looking corruption in the lower half.

I haven't tested other resolutions than those listed.

Any thoughts on where the problem might lie?

My XF86Config is at ftp://ftp.knigma.org/pub/download/XF86Config
--
Mark A. R. Knight
Tel: +44 7973 410732                              http://www.knigma.org/