Date:      Sat, 25 Mar 2006 11:18:16 -0600
From:      "Jonathan Horne" <freebsd@dfwlp.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   USB external drive size limitations?

Last night I plugged in a 300GB Maxtor USB drive into my FreeBSD 6.0 server
(with a fat filesystem), and it told me it was too big!!

Haha, its full of my backups from my previous operating system (fedora) and
now im going to have a fun time getting those files onto my new FreeBSD
server!  Can someone recommend a course of action for me here?  Google isn't
really turning up anything interesting relating to size of external drives.

Thanks,

jonathan