Date:      Sat, 01 Aug 1998 15:20:39 PDT
From:      "Daniel Lee" <dlee731@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   question about two NICs

Hi,

   I have a problem regarding of configurating two network cards
on my FreeBSD 2.2.7.  The network cards are NE2000, and 3c509
and i have recompiled the Kernel and successfully detect both
NIC's as ed0 and ep0 respectively.

   I have no problem ifconfig ed0 to 10.10.10.3, but when i tried
to ifconfig ep0 to 10.10.10.5, there is an error which says

>> ifconfig: ioctrl(SIOCAIFADDR): File exist

  it doesn't matter whether I ifconfig ed0 first or ep0 first, the
first configured network card always can ifconfig, and there is
always a problem configuring the second one.

   i have no clues how to configure it so that both network cards
can be used at the same time...

thanks in advance!

daniel.