Date:      Tue, 26 Jun 2001 20:56:06 +0300
From:      Valentin Nechayev <netch@lucky.net>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
Cc:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "Correct" permissions on /var/mail?

> Presumably you missed the early post that explained that this is a

No, I didn't missed it, along with bugtraq thread. But this pseudo-URL
directs to nowhere. If you really want to really lead people to read
that bugtraq thread, I ask you to post correct URL without any
non-working "switch to thread index and scroll down until moon transforms
to a piece of green cheese".

> common thread on several mailing lists and needn't be rehashed on this
> on.

If you insist that bugtraq is The Only Right Place to discuss some
questions, I can only shrug. Bugtraq does not have FreeBSD specifics.
If one have new & interesting thoughts (and I don't suppose that 100%
of humans' brain are gathered in bugtraq), he (she) can say it here.
security@ is more correct FreeBSD maillist for it than most of others.
I don't ever pretend to expose new & interesting thoughts, but I think
there is chance to appearing of such posting, both interesting and
with reflecting of local specific. Your policy shout wipes it out
for cemetery's sake.

> Please do us all a favour and follow the URL that was posted if you
> really think this is interesting.

I don't think it is "interesting". It's not "interesting" for me.
It's _pity_ and shows whole Unix ugliness. But "we're to live _here_".