Date:      Sun, 20 May 2001 13:51:37 +0100
From:      David Taylor <davidt@yadt.co.uk>
To:        Randall Hopper <aa8vb@nc.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/26926: (NEW PORT) osg - Open Scene Graph

--G4iJoqBmSsgzjUCe

On Sun, 20 May 2001, Randall Hopper wrote:
> I pulled out my old message and it does have the pkg-plist in it.  The
> fault lies in FreeBSD's shar which apparently does not work except for te=
xt
> files where the very last character is an EOL.  It creates a shell archive
> that FreeBSD's /bin/sh does not see the END-of-... marker for the file and
> keeps tacking text from the next file into the previous.
>=20
> FreeBSD's shar needs a fix, or at least a CAVEAT listed in the man page.

quote from man 1 shar:

BUGS
     The shar command makes no provisions for special types of files or fil=
es
     containing magic characters.  The shar command cannot handle files wit=
h-
     out a newline ('\n') as the last character.

It appears to already mention that problem...

--=20
David Taylor
davidt@yadt.co.uk

--G4iJoqBmSsgzjUCe