Date:      Fri, 29 May 1998 13:30:58 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <cschuber@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG, security-officer@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Kill(2) Vulnerability

One of my co-workers brought this to my attention from
http://www.openbsd.org/errata.html#kill.

SECURITY FIX
         The kill(2) system call previously would permit a large set
         of signals to be delivered to setuid or setgid processes. If such
         processes were using those signals in dubious ways, this could
         have resulted in security problems of various kinds. The second
         revision of a source code patch which solves the problem is
         available.

I haven't seen this discussed on FreeBSD-Security yet.  I've looked at the
CVS log for kern_sig.c, however I cannot see any fix in there for it.
Has this been fixed somewhere else?

Open Systems Group          Internet:  cschuber@uumail.gov.bc.ca
ITSD                                   Cy.Schubert@gems8.gov.bc.ca
Government of BC