Date:      Thu, 24 Jan 2002 17:27:03 -0500
From:      "William Wong" <willwong@samurai.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problem with burncd and Matshita CW-8586

Hello,

I get the following error using burncd, does anyone have any idea why this
is happening?  I read an archived message about how an NEC writer wasn't
compatible with burncd, but I wanted to make sure.  Is there a list of
compatible drives for burncd?

devbox# burncd -f /dev/acd0c data cd.iso fixate
next writeable LBA 0
writing from file cd.iso size 773664 KB

only wrote -1 of 32768 bytes

burncd: ioctl(CDRIOCCLOSETRACK): Input/output error

dmesg:
acd0: CD-RW <MATSHITA CD-RW CW-7586> at ata1-master using PIO4
acd0: WRITE_BIG - ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=2c ascq=00 error=04
acd0: SYNCHRONIZE_CACHE - ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=2c ascq=00 error=04

Regards,
- Will