Date:      Wed, 18 Dec 2002 21:19:53 -0500
From:      "Scott M. Nolde" <scott@smnolde.com>
To:        Sam Drinkard <sam@wa4phy.net>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Retrieving packages ?

Sam Drinkard(sam@wa4phy.net)@2002.12.16 11:58:27 +0000:
> I've run across some items I don't particularly want to build due to all
> the various dependencies, and thought perhaps just doing an install of
> packages.  I'm running 4.7-Stable.  When I try to grab the packages I
> want, it fails (don't recall the error message, but I believe
> "unknown").  I've set the version to be 4.7-Release.  Is there some
> other tweak I need to do to be able to retrieve packages on a -stable
> system from the -release versions?
>
> Thanks..
>
> Sam

In the port directory you can try:
"make fetch-recursive" which will fetch the port and its dependencies
"make fetch-recursive-list" which will show you which packages it will try
to d/l

And pkg_add -r will download and install the packages and their
dependencies, if necessary.

For more make targets, read /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk.

--
Scott Nolde
GPG Key 0xD869AB48