Date:      Tue, 27 Dec 2011 20:46:15 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Devin Teske <devin.teske@fisglobal.com>
Cc:        freebsd-rc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: conf/163508: [rc.subr] [patch] Add &quot; enable&quot; and &quot; disable&quot; commands to rc.subr

I think you'd be much more likely to get more eyes on your work
(thinking minimally of sysrc and your post-install config tool) if you
submitted them as ports. I'm fairly confident that I've suggested this
in the past, if I haven't, my apologies.

There are several benefits to this, not the least of which is that
people who are interested in having this kind of tool will have easy
access to it. This will either a) solve the problem, or b) allow the
idea to grow on people sufficiently that it eventually gets adopted more
widely.

You can start with
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/index.html
and if you need help of course asking on freebsd-ports@ is your next step.

Doug

--

	You can observe a lot just by watching.	-- Yogi Berra