Date:      Sat, 19 Jun 1999 13:42:24 -0500
From:      "Brian's Mail" <bellefso@execpc.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Performance Tuning

Hello,

I would like to find some tips/info on tuning a server for web and ftp
performance. I currently have a machine with a PII 300, 256 MB RAM, a
Netgear FA310TX network card and an adaptec 2940 UW controller. I can only
get about 2500 K/sec over a 100 MB network. The machine is connected to a
Linksys 10/100 rackmount hub. I think that I should be able to do better
than this without a problem. If there are any links or other information I
would be extremely grateful.

Thanks,

Brian