Date:      Sun, 21 Sep 2003 14:17:14 +1000
From:      Jason Friedland <jfriedland@ozemail.com.au>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   IBM TP 600E - Xircom Cardbus

Hi there

I'm after a few pointers for installing FreeBSD 5.1 on a TP 600E. I have
installed it on this machine previously but couldn't get my Xircom
CardBus Ethernet 10/100 + 56K Modem card working so threw the towel in.

I have Slackware 9 on it right now and it works flawlessly after a bit
of tweaking (well, all the devices such as the Xircom, sound, DVD work)
but really want to get 5.1 going.

After googling around for FreeBSD on a 600E I found an article
(focussing on 4.7) which suggested I recompile the kernel in order to
get the Xircom working. I did this, rebooted and still no ethernet.

I know this is a bit vague but if anyone has some tips on how to get
this card going I'd be most grateful.

Jason Friedland
(FreeBSD noob)