Date:      Mon, 19 Jul 1999 07:58:01 -0400
From:      bill@twwells.com (T. William Wells)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sandbox?

In article <19990719212431.D300@welearn.com.au>,
Sue Blake  <sue@welearn.com.au> wrote:
: Could someone tell me what is a sandbox, what does it do, how does it
: work, how do I use it, or where is it documented?
: named(8) and security(8) seem to assume one already knows.

It's a generic term. It refers to a restricted environment in
which something is to be done. Exactly how a sandbox is
implemented depends on the specific application.