Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 2000 10:30:48 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Keith Simonsen <bangel@elite.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   booting 4.1.1 on a compaq proliant 4000

Hi

I checked the archives and didnt find too much info on the 4000 model with
pentium cpu's... the posts i saw said 486 SMP was impossible...

It's quad pentium 66mhz. i have two 66mhz cpu modules in there right now.
5 scsi drives and a compaq smart drive array controller. here's what
happen when i boot off the 4.1.1-release install floppies:

avail memory = 13094912    12788K Bytes
preloaded elf kernel "kernel" at 0xc0375000.
Intel Pentium detected, isntalling workaround for F00F bug
md0: Malloc disk
npx0: <math processor> on motherboard
npx0: INT 16 interface
eisa0: <EISA bus> on motherboard
mainboard0: <CPQ1519 (System Board)> on eisa0 slot0
ida0: <Compaq SMART array controller> at 0x7c88-0x7c9c, irq 10 (level)
ida0: on eisa0 slot7
ida0: drives=1 firm_rev=1.86
idad0: 2001MB (4099725 sectors), blocksize=512

fault virtual address		= 0x38484
fault code			= supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer		= 0x8:0x38484
stack pointer			= 0x10:0xc0020047
frame pointer			= 0x10:0xfdb8508
code segment			= base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
				= DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags		= interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL=0
current process			= 0 (swapper)
interrupt mask			= net tty bio cam
trap number			= 12

panic: page fault
uptime: 0s

I hope someone can glean some info out of this...maybe a boot -v would
help, or try removing some of the extraneous hardware in the machine...
theres some sort of two line serial card and another card with a 25pin
rs232 port...
please cc me i am not subscribed to fbsd-questions.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Keith