Date:      Fri, 12 Oct 2001 19:50:17 +0800 (HKT)
From:      Leung Ian <h9923061@eee.hku.hk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question about Free BSD routing

i want to use free BSD to implement the snoop protocol(to improve the tcp
performance in wireless lan). My network is like this:
A network card--"Card A" in the Server (Window 2000) connect to a network
card--"Card B" in the base station (Free BSD). Another network
card--"Card C" connect to a network card--"Card D" in AP1000. A wavelan
card--"Card E" in AP1000 used to connect the wireless host which is also
using wavelan card--"Card F".
All the ip address of these is assigned by me.
i want to make the FreeBSD as a firewall gateway. I have add the
following lines in the config file of the kernel:

--begin--
options		IPFIREWALL
options		IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE
options		IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT
options		IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT = 200
options		IPDIVERT

options		DUMMYNET
options 	BRIDGE
--end--

after recomplie the kernel
i add the following lines in rc.conf
--begin--
#enable gateway
#can do it using sysctl -w net.ip.forwarding=1
gateway_enable=YES

#Add to use ipfw
#fireall type is open
firewall_enable="YES"
firewall_type="open"
firewall_quite="NO"

sysctl -w net.link.ether.bridge=1
arp -S banpc8 0:20:af:3d:c0:81 pub
--end--

The banpc8 is the machine inside the intranet and 0:20:... is its
ethernet address (not ip)

Then i execute the ipfw commands using root:

*ipfw flush

*ipfw add pipe 1 ip from 137.189.97.184 to any

After all these procedure,i can ping from "Card A" in server to "Card B"
in basestation(FreeBSD), but not "Card C". I can ping from "Card F" in
wireless host to "Card E" in AP1000, then to "Card D" in AP1000 then to
"Card C" in basestation (FreeBSD), but not "Card B".
The packet cannot route from "Card B" to "Card C".

What can i do in order to route the packet from "Card B" to " Card C" or
vice versa.
Thank you for your help.