Date:      Fri, 23 Mar 2001 18:04:48 +1100
From:      Raymond Brighenti <bargi@webfront.net.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with PAM - Radius

Hi all,

OK trying to get FTP on a FreeBSD 4.2 box to auth from a Radius server.

I know the config between the Box and the Radius server is ok because I can
see the Auth requests coming from the FreeBSD box and it's replying and
letting me in, BUT, only if the username I use has a matching local user in
the FreeBSD box, if they don't it doesn't even try to Auth from the Radius
server.

Below is my the line in /etc/pam.conf for ftpd
ftpd    auth    required      pam_radius.so
try_first_pass	template_user=bargi

Below is /etc/radius.conf (Although I know this is fine as it is authing
for username with a matching local user)
auth    radius.server.hostame        secret

Also I still get the same results even if I don't have the template_user=
option or not.

I'm sure it's something simple, I'm just not sure what it is though :)

Thanks in advance

Ray