Date:      Mon, 16 Jun 1997 11:45:06 -0700
From:      Don Wilde <Don@PartsNow.com>
To:        Chris Lambrou <chris@cglis.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Simplicity vs. POWER

>>Not true, Visual Bacic makes programming Windows GUI a piece of cake.
>>And It pays well too!  Unless you want to use Visual C++.  Then it is
>>painful. Sorry, PAINFUL.My exp. w/ Visual Basic had me in tears because it wanted to lose all my
forms into never-neverland all the time. It seems easier, but it is
scary because of the bombs. Haven't tried VC++, but I did have very good
results with Visual Smalltalk from Digitalk (now ParcPlace/Digitalk).
Unfortuately, they have decided to leave the shrinkwrap market and charge
many $thousands for their stuff.

>>Anyway, I'll take POWER any time over simplicity.  I can't wait until I
>>have feeBSD up and running so that I can get rid of STUPID Win NT,
>>install my Apache Web server and miniSQL and start doing real
>>programming.  But, it
>>ain't gonna be easy.Bear with it. You won't be lookin g back in about 2 weeks. BTW, use
unix2dos to strip those ^M's from your file before reading it in
losedoze.
Second tip, do your CGI's in Boutell's CGI-C or Ousterhout's Tcl rather
than Perl. IMHO, THAT is fore masochists!!!!

--
  oooOOO O O O o * * *  *   *   *