Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 2000 08:13:41 -0500 (EST)
From:      Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        "Daniel M. Eischen" <eischen@vigrid.com>, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libc shlib version

On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, David O'Brien wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 04:44:17AM -0500, Daniel M. Eischen wrote:
> >
> > Why not find what was added and back it out?
>
> Why loose the functionality.  Bumping a shared version isn't that big a
> deal.

It hasn't been shown that functionality would be lost.  If it can't
be worked around and functionality is lost, then I agree -- leave
it in.

> > Aren't we going to need yet another version bump for 5.0?
>
> -current libc will have to be bumped at the same time it is in RELENG_4
> as they are current at the same value.

I mean when 5.0 is released.  There's bound to be more changes that
require another version bump.  Wasn't it dg who was waiting to
add some changes to libc requiring a version bump?

--
Dan Eischen