Date:      Sun, 17 May 1998 05:10:52 -0700
From:      "Shan-Min Chao" <shanmin@lvdi.net>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   CD-ROM Help

Hi everybody,
   I have a question concerning setting
up a CD-ROM for FreeBSD 2.2.2.  I
recently had my Sony CD-ROM replaced
with a NEC 28B 32X CD-ROM.  Unfortunately,
the device does not seem compatible with
FreeBSD (from what little I can tell, that
is).  When FreeBSD boots, it gives me the
following messages (the ones I found relevant):

fdc0: NEC 72065B
fd0: 1.44 MB 3.5in
wdc1 at 0x170-0x177 irq 15 on isa
wdc1: unit 0 (atapi): <NEC CD-ROM
  DRIVE:28B/3.05>, removable, dma, iordy
wcd0: 2412/5512Kb/sec, 256Kb cache, audio
  play, 256 volume levels, ejectable tray
wcd0: medium type unknown, unlocked

When I try to 'mount /cdrom', it gives me
the following message:
  cd9660: cd9660 filesystem not available

Any ideas?  Please respond.  Also, for future
reference, can anybody please tell me how
to copy and paste using X-Windows?  I am
tired to copying from the log files.  hehe :)
Thanks in advance!  Please e-mail me directly.
Thank you very much!