Date:      Fri, 12 Mar 1999 16:02:59 -0700
From:      Donald Wilde <dwilde1@thuntek.net>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: O'Reilly article: Whence the Source: Untangling the Open Source/Free Software Debate

Terry Lambert wrote:

> FreeBSD needs someone insane enough to start a project to get the
> FreeBSD API ported to Linux and Solaris and UnixWare and Windows,
> to take that, and leverage the fact to get companies to commit to
> the single ABI (maybe even change the FreeBSD ABI to match one of
> the commercial UNIX implementations, instead); and that's just one
> example where only a fanatic will do.

Now _this_ kind of zealot I will help and support and cheer. Even better
is one who's crazy enough to create another yahoo! for us to point to
(and who can fund the sane publicity Jordan's after).

Opening one's yap for endless stake-pounding at every opportunity,
though, without producing anything useful, is a psychic energy drain for
all the rest of us. I haven't loaded procmail, but there are times when
I'm tempted...

--
  oooOOO O O O o * * *  *   *   *