Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2001 14:04:24 -0600
From:      "Hudson, Henrik H." <hhudson@eschelon.com>
To:        'Brian Reichert' <reichert@numachi.com>
Cc:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: E-mail server on FreeBSD 3.3

Brian-

Ident lookups happen on port 113. If you add an "unreach" to your IPFW rules
this will stop. The default for IPFW is drop, so the service keeps trying
until it times out.

Henrik

---
Henrik Hudson

Microsoft: "Where would you like to go to today"
Linux: "Where would you like to go tomorrow"
FreeBSD: "Hey, when are you guys going to catch up"