Date:      Mon, 12 Feb 1996 18:49:53 -0800
From:      Eric Holmberg <eholmber@vt.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IWill Pentium Motherboard w/ Adaptec 2940

Does anybody else have any problems with the 7850 chip used on the IWill
motherboards?  I cannot get the system to boot.  Once the boot floppy
scans the controller and gets a list of the devices, it begins to read
from the hard drive.  As soon as this starts, the system locks after
printing:

	ahc_intr:  referenced scb not valid during seq int 0x71 scb(0)
	no active SCB for reconnecting target issuing Abort

That code was from the boot.flp for a 2.2 (I think) snap.

Any ideas as to what the problem is?  I have only two SCSI devices
connected when this happens (2 1-Gig HD's) and they are properly
terminated and I have replaced the cables 5 times.

Thanks.

--Eric   ohms@vt.edu