Date:      Mon, 25 Jul 2011 11:33:12 +1000
From:      Stephen Hocking <stephen.hocking@gmail.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mapping /dev/gptid numbers to /dev/adXpY

Hi all,

After shuffling some disks around in a ZFS array (moving them to a
hot-swap cabinet) I am now seeing gptid numbers when doing a zpool
status:

 zpool status schtuff
  pool: schtuff
 state: ONLINE
 scan: scrub repaired 0 in 5h57m with 0 errors on Wed Jul 20 17:05:29 2011
config:

        NAME                                            STATE     READ
WRITE CKSUM
        schtuff                                         ONLINE       0
    0     0
          raidz1-0                                      ONLINE       0
    0     0
            ad8p1                                       ONLINE       0
    0     0
            gptid/13aed7e6-9ca8-11e0-99f1-001a4d9c179c  ONLINE       0
    0     0
            gptid/15c300de-9ca8-11e0-99f1-001a4d9c179c  ONLINE       0
    0     0

errors: No known data errors

Now this is all very interesting, but I would like to be able to map
that back to a /dev/adXpY device entry, so when I offline them I can
then go to the appropriate physical disk. I thought that gpart show -r
might help, but the numbers emitted from that don't match up. Looking
at the major/minor numbers of the devices don't help either. Does
anyone have an idea?

    Stephen