Date:      Tue, 20 Jul 1999 19:08:10 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <freyes@inch.com>
To:        "David Kelly" <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        "FreeBSd Chat list" <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Nik Clayton" <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>
Subject:   Re: When should vendors be removed from Gallery?

On Tue, 20 Jul 1999 19:11:15 +0100, Nik Clayton wrote:

>> Sounds like Atipa, http://www.atipa.com/. I've since found better
>> alternatives.

>Cheers.  I've pulled their entry, and e-mailed them a polite note to
>say so, and that if they want back in then (obviously) they need to
>start offering FreeBSD.

Good luck.
When they first switched I tried to ask them if they would still load
FreeBSD for me.
Never got a reply to any of my messages.

Also once after they had gone the Linux route I called to get a video
card. I asked the salesperson if a particular card  would work with
FreeBSD and he didn't even know what FreeBSD was. I figure since both
Linux and FreeBSD use Xfree I asked if this card would run on Linux. He
said yes.... well the card did work on Xfree... using the VGA server at
640x480 :-(

I keep suggesting to FreeBSDMall that they sell hardware... even if it
is just doing a "virtual catalog" of a reseller such as necx. All they
would do is create web pages with pointers at the vendor site with
products known to work with FreeBSD (basically act as an affiliate).