Date:      Sat, 19 Jun 1999 21:54:24 +0200
From:      "Joachim =?iso-8859-1?Q?Str=F6mbergson?=" <watchman@ludd.luth.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems running xmms on FreeBSD 3.2

Tja!

I have tried to compile and run XMMS (aka the new version of X11Amp) on
my FreeBSD 3.2-Stable system. Compiling is no problem (after installing
GTK+ 1.2.3 and glib 1.2.3). The problem is actually running it.

What happens is that the application only runs sporadically, and in
between sits there in suspended animation. Playing songs is done in
small burst.

I have a Soundblaster AWE32 setup like the Sabatier docs says. During
boot the cards is detected seemingly ok (all features like Soundblaster
16, MPU-401, OPL3 and EMU8000 support is detected). Also, I can run amp
and mpg123 without any problems.

When playing a song in xmms I get the following in the console:
<log>
fetis.ninja.se:/home/js> Jun 19 21:50:42 fetis /kernel: cmd xmms pid
8302 tried =

to use non-present sched_getscheduler
fetis.ninja.se:/home/js> Sound: DMA (output) timed out - IRQ/DRQ config
error?
Sound: DMA (output) timed out - IRQ/DRQ config error?
Sound: DMA (output) timed out - IRQ/DRQ config error?
Sound: DMA (output) timed out - IRQ/DRQ config error?
</log>

Judging by the weird, spurious execution behaviour I'm guessing the
threads for the player isn't running properly. Am I right, how do I
rectify this? Has anybody else been successful with xmms.

Any help, and/or pointers to a solution would be very much appreciated.

-- =

Cheers!
Joachim - Alltid i harmonisk sv=E4ngning
--- FairLight ------ FairLight ------ FairLight ------ FairLight ---
Joachim Str=F6mbergson         ASIC SoC designer, nice to CUTE animals
Phone: +46(0)31 - 27 98 47    Web: http://www.ludd.luth.se/~watchman
--------------- Spamfodder: regeringen@regeringen.se ---------------