Date:      Tue, 15 Oct 1996 19:38:08 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Jeffrey D. Wheelhouse" <jdw@wwwi.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: IP bugs in FreeBSD 2.1.5

At 10:47 AM 10/16/96 +0930, Michael Smith wrote:
>Does -stable matter to you?  Do you or your
>business want to see -stable move forwards?  THEN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

It's really hard not to say something dreadfully sarcastic here.
Especially after I specifically addressed this point in my previous
messages.

It's really nice that you have enough time to work on FreeBSD, but
not all of us are so lucky.  The attitude that my (or anyone else's)
opinion is unimportant because I'm "only" a user is counterproductive.

>Nothing will happen if nobody makes it happen.  FreeBSD has to go
>somewhere, and 2.2 is where.

I wasn't suggesting that 2.1.5 should diverge at all, only that it
may be time to start thinking about the possibly large portion of
the FreeBSD userbase that isn't seeing any of the benefit of all the
hard work you're doing.

Later,
Jeff