Date:      Fri, 1 Jun 2001 21:10:55 +0800
From:      "edwin chan" <slack@suntop-cn.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   If I changed the work port of ftpd

Hi,
I want to know if I move the work port of ftpserver from 21 to 220( for any
reason):
1. Is it worked or not ?
2. how about ftp-data ?
3. how about my ipfw firewall?
4. how about my natd daemon?
5. how to change it ? just change line's in /etc/services?
6. how about if anyone visit my changed-port-ftpd ?
7. if anybody want to visit, how to make their firewall accept it ? beside
open port for my server that any specail work needed ?
8.I heared firewall make special treated to ftp(and irc etc.), the
firewall(lik ipfw) can know my changed ftp port ? if not, what can I do ? if
yes, why ?
9. any deeper articles I can find for it ?