Date:      Thu, 26 Jul 2001 07:30:38 -0700
From:      Patrick Calkins <pcalkins@oemsupport.com>
To:        "Freebsd-Questions (E-mail)" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Crypto-Telnet client support for Windows 2000?

I have recently patched my 4.2 system's telnetd, and I used the
crypto-telnet sources to recompile it. Now I cant use the telnet client in
Win2K to connect when I start telnetd with '-a verify', or '-a user'. It
just says 'Authentication Failed'. Looks like my telnet client wont support
this type of authentication (DES_???). What can I do other than disabling
the encryption or running SSH?

BTW, how is SSH for secure telnet-like sessions?

Patrick