Date:      Fri, 11 Nov 2005 21:37:17 +0100
From:      Karel Miklav <karel@lovetemple.net>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: All-in-one box

Nickolay Kritsky wrote:
> we are using DLINK quad-port 1000Mbit adapters(DFE-580). Them look
                                ^^^^ 100 probably?

> like four `ste' interfaces to the system and look fine. Usenet and
> freebsd-* users were also saying that DFE-570 is even better, because
> they use DEC chips for networking which should be better. Never had a
> chance to test. AFAIK DFE-570's are already finished from production.

Thanks to all of you guys. I was not able to find any user
testimonials for the LevelOne FNC-0600TXM. This D-Link DFE-580TX is
three times more expensive and although widely sold in Europe not
even listed on D-Link's site?!

I didn't know I'm poking into such an exotic area. I'll probalbly go
the common route and then hide all the network gizmos with the cable
nest into a carton box or something :)

--

Regards,
Karel Miklav