Date:      Wed, 07 Apr 1999 02:42:26 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        Ted Faber <faber@ISI.EDU>, NAKAGAWA Yoshihisa <y-nakaga@nwsl.mesh.ad.jp>, Nick Sayer <nsayer@quack.kfu.com>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Any success with CirrusLogic 6729/6730???

Nate Williams wrote:

> > I see a sysctl variable (I think) in the probe routine used to allow
> > the suer to select the management irq.  How about adding one or more
> > to select the IO ports for the controller?

Is this the same variable mentioned in loader(8)?

> This was my idea about a 'boot' config line.  The problems with this
> solution is:
>
> 1) It assumes there is one PCIC controller.  (The existing code has the
>    same problem)
> 2) It not 'boot-time' configurable.  It requires you to edit a file and
>    then reboot the box before the change can take place.

Sure it is configurable at boot time. Stop the loader, set the
variable, proceed.

Something like the visual userconfig can be written, at the time it
becomes an issue.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"nothing better than the ability to perform cunning linguistics"