Date:      Sat, 18 Nov 2000 16:26:03 +0000 (GMT)
From:      marcd@internode.on.net
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   tty eorr message question

Hi

In recent times I've started to get an error message coming up
when ever I perform tasks as root.

on the screen it says

/dev//dev/tty: No such file or directory

and in var log messages I get

syslogd: '/' in dev//dev/tty
comsat(910) in "/dev//dev/tty"

It doesn't seem to be causing in problems - it's just annoying

I'm running FreeBSD 4.2 beta but the problem has been around before then just
I've never gotten around to asking about it.  The problem occurs on console
or in a xterm and for both root and other users.

I can't find anything in the mailling list archives

I am assuming it's just a configuration file somewhere I've messed up but
ttys and syslog.conf look okay and I can't see a problem in /dev

Thankx in advance

Marc

E-Mail: marcd@internode.on.net