Date:      Thu, 18 Oct 2001 07:45:48 +0200
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@mobil.cz>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Good mail client?

   > Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 05:17:07 +0000 (GMT)
   > From: "P. U. (Uli) Kruppa" <root@pukruppa.de>
   > To: Doug Poland <doug@polands.org>
   > Cc: Jim Flournoy <bsdspaceman@yahoo.com>,
   > 	Greg Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
   > Subject: Re: Good mail client?

   > > > I'm sick of using webmail in windows.  Can anyone
   > > > recommend a good text-based (no X!) mail client that
   > > > will work with yahoo's webmail?  (pop3)  I'm using
   > > > Freebsd 4.3.  I apropos'ed "email client" but nothing
   > > > turned up.  Thank you.
   > > >

   > > mutt rules
   > Not on my console. I prefer pine.
   > It is as fast as lightning, when you set the arrow-keys to
   > lynx-like motion.
   > mutt is for people who like emacs :-)

   I like vi(m), and mutt.

   > Anyway: neither mutt nor pine can fetch their mail from a
   > POP3 account themselves. You need an additional utility
   > called "fetchmail"

   This might be true for Pine which I don't know, but mutt has some
   support for POP3 servers. 1.2.5i for sure. And, BTW, fetchmail is
   not the only choise you have. I use getmail, and am a satisfied
   user. Don't know about fetchmail, but Charles Cazabon, author of
   Getmail, is a very kind and responsive person, willing to help with
   all at least remotely related issues.

  Just my 2c.