Date:      Tue, 31 Mar 1998 15:50:54 -0800 (PST)
From:      Simon Shapiro <shimon@simon-shapiro.org>
To:        Tim Vanderhoek <ac199@hwcn.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, pgsql-ports@postgreSQL.org
Subject:   Re: [PORTS] Pgaccess doesn't run on -current anymore, Update

On 28-Mar-98 Tim Vanderhoek wrote:
> [Cc: list trimmed dramatically]
>
> On Tue, 24 Mar 1998, Simon Shapiro wrote:
>
>> I belive the issue is clear, and the course of action identified.
>> Rather
>> than shutting us up, maybe you suggest how we avoid the breakage on the
>> next package?  I certainly do not know how (in the context of not having
>> {tcl,tk}.h and lib{tcl,tk} where it is normally found).
>
> This won't solve all problems, but from what little I can gather
> of the current one,
>
> CFLAGS+=      -L /usr/local/lib/tcl8.0 -l tcl80 -I /usr/local/lib/tcl
>
> may possibly be useful.  It is sometimes useful as a general
> solution.

Actually, where it stands now (well, yesterday), it really has a problem
with libpgtcl.  I simply specified
  ``load /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpgtcl.so''
instead of:
  ``load libpgtcl.so''

and am using the pgaccess.tcl that comes with the postgress CVSup tree,
rather than the FreeBSD package.  It all seems to work fine.

Not to start a war, but;  while I LOVE the look and feel and functionality
of tcl/tk applications, this mess comes as no surprise to me.  So many
versions for so many pieces.  Appears very fragile.

Simon