Date:      Wed, 22 Sep 1999 11:34:44 -0700
From:      "Brian O'Shea" <boshea@ricochet.net>
To:        Pavol Adamec <palo.adamec@tecton.sk>
Cc:        "'freebsd-net@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Q: process using TCP connection

There is a neat perl script called sockstat in FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE that
does what you are looking for.  It doesn't seem to be in 3.1-RELEASE,
but it should be possible to modify it to work on older releases.  It
just cross-references the output from the 'netstat -Aan -finet' and
'fstat' commands.  I couldn't get it to work properly when I copied it
onto a 3.1-RELEASE system, but I didn't devote too much time to the
task.  It doesn't look like the output fields or format for either
command has changed, but the minor version of perl has (from 5.005_02
to 5.005_03).

-brian

On Wed, Sep 22, 1999 at 04:43:09PM +0200, Pavol Adamec wrote:
> Sorry for the question, I think it's been already answered but I can't
> find it the archive.
> How can I find out which process is using a TCP connection?
>
> Thanks
> Paul

Brian O'Shea
boshea@ricochet.net