Date:      Mon, 09 Jul 2001 16:15:39 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
To:        tlambert2@mindspring.com
Cc:        nik@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, tedm@toybox.placo.com, ewayte@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Mall now BSDCentral

This is all patently ridiculous, especially given that we know you
have a previously declared bias in being able to sell some sort of
installer for money and would clearly wish to kill any "competition"
for it, no matter how benign it would be to otherwise include it as an
option (which is all Nik was saying).

Whether you personally find any merit in sysinstall or not, and I'm
often among the first to point out its many shortcomings, trying to
kill it off for business reasons is just as obnoxious and
Microsoft-ish as trying to kill off, say, RAID support because you
just so happen to have a proprietary RAID solution you'd prefer users
to use instead.  Yeesh!  Talk about a complete and total failure to
get what FreeBSD is all about!  I really have to wonder why you
continue to hover around the community like a horsefly, year after
year, without contributing anything but complaints about how things
should be remoulded in your own image...  It's a crock, Terry, and
it stinks like a porta-potty in Texas at high noon.

- Jordan