Date:      Thu, 19 Jul 2001 14:33:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Linh Pham <lplist@closedsrc.org>
To:        uwi mAn <uwi@delfi.lv>
Cc:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: netscape6 (linux)

On 2001-07-19, uwi mAn scribbled:

# i installed linux-rpm support though.
#
# %./netscape-installer
# ./netscape-installer-bin: error in loading shared libraries:
# libgtk-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
#
# No way to install Netscape 6.1 (linux) onto BSD 4.3 release ?

You can build Mozilla 0.92 (Netscape 6.1 is based on either Mozilla 0.8
or 0.9, but forgot which one) from the latest ports. I have 0.92 running
on my laptop and it seems to do perfectly (with the exception of not
liking the new theme... but the classic theme works without a problem).

--
Linh Pham
[lplist@closedsrc.org]

// 404b - Brain not found