Date:      Fri, 22 Dec 2000 11:19:02 +1030
From:      "james" <wabit@adl.ussr.net>
To:        "Alessandro de Manzano" <demanzano@iol.it>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Help please - Hard Drive Controller Problem - UDMA66 - Mounting problems now too

Howdy,

I've booted it up with the install floppied, and then put the fixit disk =
in, so that I can mount the drive in /mnt, I then go to /mnt/dev/ and =
type ./MAKEDEV ad4 ad5, and get told that its not R/W.  I try to mount =
it R/W but get told that its not clean, and to run fsck to clean it

but fsck can't run, because it can't find the entries (I imagine in the =
/dev directory)

So I'm in a catch 22 here, I can't fix them to mount them to add the =
/dev/ entries so that it can mount to change them... so I have no idea =
how to fix :-(

any assistance would be gratefully received