Date:      Wed, 06 Jun 2001 10:50:22 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        obrien@FreeBSD.ORG, Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MFC'ing new md(4) functionality?

In message <70325.991758797@critter> Poul-Henning Kamp writes:
: In message <20010605013148.A49246@dragon.nuxi.com>, "David O'Brien" writes:
: >On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 07:46:18PM -0700, Dima Dorfman wrote:
: >> Is there any reason not to MFC the new md(4) functionality
: >
: >Zero reason not to.
:
: Others see it differently, it would seriously break a lot of
: people who are using -stable in embedded applications.
:
: If we have abandoned the "no changes to API or ABI in -stable"
: paradigm, it would be a good idea, but it serious rains on that
: rule...

I've stated in the past that removing mfs from stable is going to
cause me some grief.  However, the addition of md won't so long as mfs
remains intact.

Warner