Date:      Fri,  8 Dec 2000 21:02:51 -0500
From:      "Erik Rothwell" <erothwell@callgtn.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Weird /tmp issues

Y'know, I installed FreeBSD 4.2 with the default partitioning (I was in a hurry... ;-) and as a result /tmp is on the root partition which is, of course, very tiny... so I moved /tmp to /usr/real-tmp and made a symlink to it and have had no problems since...

I simply did:

brx# mv /tmp /usr/real-tmp
brx# ln -s /usr/real-tmp /tmp

-------