Date:      Mon, 9 Sep 2002 11:58:33 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Neal E. Westfall" <nwestfal@directvinternet.com>
To:        Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
Cc:        Lawrence Sica <lomifeh@earthlink.net>, Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, Joshua Lee <yid@softhome.net>, <dave@jetcafe.org>, <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Why did evolution fail?

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Eric Anderson wrote:

> Neal E. Westfall wrote:
> >>If you take a step back far enough those random chances become very
> >>predicateable.  Read up on chaos theory and how randomness works.
> >

> > Chaos theory itself is misnamed, and the implication that predictability
> > can arise from randomness is a contradiction.  If something is
> > predictable, it is not random, nor chaotic.  All chaos theory shows is
> > that what people previously assumed to be chaotic (due to our inability
> > to account for all the minute factors) is actually not chaotic at all.
> > Chaos theory is only intelligible if you introduce a controlling factor
> > that gets real close to sounding something like the Christian doctrine
> > of God's Providence.
>

> What?? I've tried to ignore most of this thread, but this is hilarious..
>
> Nothing is random..
>
> Why is it that some who have strong religious beliefs often say that
> anything that is not explainable or understandable in THEIR eyes, must
> be a God's work?  Instead of possibly learning what others have learned,
> they assume they "know all" and leave it in their religions hands to answer.

Your argument is a double-edged sword.  Evolutionists do the very thing
you accuse religious people of, except instead of God, they call it
"chance".  I would like for just one person to explain exactly what
"chance" is.  But it's even worse than this, because unlike God, chance
cannot account for rationality, science, logic, and all the rest.

Neal