Date:      Tue, 8 Dec 1998 09:59:36 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        "Arno J. Klaassen" <arno@heho.snv.jussieu.fr>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: devfs questions

The dummy mount is the kernel's internal copy of the devfs tree.
It is the bluebrint from which other copies are made
when devfs is mounted..

you cannot get to it.  The reason it is in the mount list is because the
mounted devices are mounted from this blueprint, and it's superblocks will
never be sync'd if teh filesystem from which it was mounted is not in the
mount list.  This is admittedly, a hack. When devfs is used to access the
ROOT device, it get's more complicated but that code was deleted, so it's
less important now.

I don't know why the da driver doesn't produce a 6th da device.

julian