Date:      Tue, 6 Jun 2000 23:47:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.0 - RELEASE/STABLE and Asus PI-P55T2P4

Hello,

Just a quick note for the archives.  If you have problems installing 4.x
from a bootable CD on a SCSI CDROM, make sure you have the latest Asus
BIOS.  I didn't, and it locked the machine up hard (no Ctrl-Alt-Del).
This is with a Toshiba CDROM and Mylex/Buslogic BT-948.  I also flashed
that to the latest rev for the fun of it.

I've been resurrecting some old machines for new uses, and they all have
this mobo.  Each one had the same problem, and each one was fixed by
flashing the bios.

Charles

---
Charles Sprickman
spork@super-g.com
---
                     "...there's no idea that's so good you can't
                      ruin it with a few well-placed idiots."