Date:      Tue, 9 May 1995 20:31:51 -0700
From:      Timothy Moore <moore@WOLFE.net>
To:        obrien@leonardo.net
Cc:        bakul@netcom.com, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: This one looks very very suspecious to me....

   Date: Tue, 09 May 1995 17:08:23 -0700
   From: "Mike O'Brien" <obrien@leonardo.net>
   Sender: hackers-owner@FreeBSD.org

   Tsk. Legal is as legal does. :-)  I don't think it should have any
   business trying to pick character constants out of something inside
   an excluded #ifdef block.  I should be able to put raw random bits
   in there.  Well, ok, maybe we'll allow that it has to be a legal
   charset.

Like it or not, it's legal ANSI C behavior for the preprocessor to
tokenize its input.  If you want a macro preprocesor, use m4 =:O
(ducks)

Tim