Date:      Tue, 13 Nov 2001 13:49:37 -0500
From:      Scott Lambert <lambert@lambertfam.org>
To:        FreeBSD-Mobile@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        WATANABE Kiyoshi <aab10490@pop16.odn.ne.jp>
Subject:   Re: linmodem on freebsd

On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 11:41:44PM +0900, WATANABE Kiyoshi wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Nov 2001 01:40:12 -0500, Scott Lambert wrote:
> >
> > Unfortunately for me, it doesn't seem to recognize my modem.  Maybe I just
> > need to fix up the pci_ids list?

Due to my being a moron, I missed seeing the log messages where it was recognizing
the ltmdm last night.  I can only use "way past bed time" as my excuse.

ltmdm0: <Xircom Winmodem> port 0xff38-0xff3f mem 0xefdff000-0xefdfffff irq 11 at device 8.1 on pci0
ltmdm0: could not map interrupt in non-shareable mode.
ltmdm0: could not activate interrupt in fast mode
  lucent_detect_modem()
  lucent_init_modem()
  vxdPortOpen()
  BaseValue         = 0xd8
  BaseAddress       = 0xff38
  BaseAddress2      = 0xff3a
  BaseAddressIndex  = 0xff38
  BaseAddressData   = 0xff39
  ComAddress        = 0x0040
  V16550_IRQ_Number = 0
  Irq               = 11
  ToshibaFlag       = 0
  CpqFlag           = 0
ltmdm0: type Virtual 16550A

I have been able to connect to /dev/cual0 and speak AT commands with it.

My problem now is that it always says NO DIALTONE when I try to make it dial.
(I did remember to plug in a working phone line. ;-)

I set the GCI=b5 for the USA just to be sure.  I've tried a few init strings
but don't have time to really work on it right now.  I will hit the various
web sites in README-en.txt later to see if I find anything that helps.

Should sysctl be reporting the vendor and device ids?

# sysctl hw.ltmdm
hw.ltmdm.pci_vendor_id: 0
hw.ltmdm.pci_device_id: 0
hw.ltmdm.pci_io_basereg: 0
hw.ltmdm.intr: INTR_TYPE_TTY|INTR_TYPE_FAST
hw.ltmdm.swi: SWI_TTY
hw.ltmdm.device_desc:

Scott Lambert          KC5MLE            Unix SysAdmin -- Looking for work.
lambert@lambertfam.org       http://www.lambertfam.org/~lambert/resume.html
2.5 years Sr. SysAdmin experience with FreeBSD in small & medium size ISPs.
The last 5 months have included exposure to Solaris 7, True64 5, and Linux.