Date:      Mon, 24 Oct 2011 10:09:22 +0100
From:      Robin Becker <robin@reportlab.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   serial console problem

I have a collocated  server which had serial console access. The server centre
re-located the server and left off the serial console.

The server worked fine for a few hours, but then access got slower and slower
and eventually died.

Could it be that the lack of a console is causing that? I'm think the console
may want to flush its buffer or is waiting on a question etc etc. Whilst I was
able to communicate with it I could see that an fsck was happening so perhaps
it's asking permission to clean up or something.

Of course I have asked the centre staff to re-connect the consol so I can see
what's going on, but that is happening as fast as hell freezes.
--
Robin Becker