Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2001 22:19:53 +0200
From:      "Peter Salvage" <wizard@sybaweb.co.za>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <wash@iconnect.co.ke>
Subject:   Re: IPFW blocking users

Hi all

I'm a little hesitant about posting my ipfw rules here, but I'm getting
rather desperate. Our FreeBSD guru has left on holiday for Switzerland today
(of all days) and I've been lumped with this issue. Needless to say, fending
off dialup users is _not_ my idea of fun :-(

Would some kind soul be prepared to assist? Basically I have our Cisco
router's eth0 hardwired to the rl1 interface on our FreeBSD box, with the
rl0 interface connected to our switch. I'm really worried that a dynamic
route was typed in at the command line, which is why it was lost when the
box was rebooted.

I'm more than happy to share the contents of the ipfw.conf and (if it would
help) the rc.conf files off-list.

TIA
/wiZZ