Date:      Thu, 19 Jul 2001 18:04:24 -0400
From:      Jacob Smith <jake@coolbluei.com>
To:        "Todd Reed" <ex279@hotmail.com>
Cc:        Freebsd-Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Apache and SSL

--Apple-Mail-2045144426-4

On Thursday, July 19, 2001, at 03:23 PM, Todd Reed wrote:

> I'm using the link I was given below and everything is going well,
> however, I've gotten to a point where I'm stuck.
>
> After I configure the mod_ssl, it tells me to cd into the apache
> install directory.  I do that and when I type in:
>
> SSL_BASE=../openssl-0.9.6b
> RSA_BASE=../rsaref20/local
>
> I get a message saying command not found.
> I tried typing it in as it stated with the \, but that didn't work
> either.  Any clues?

Todd,

use a different shell, if you have bash installed just type bash

might want to default to this, it is a much better shell in my very
humble opinion

Jake Smit

> --Todd
>

>> From: Jacob Smith <jake@coolbluei.com>
>> To: "Todd Reed" <ex279@hotmail.com>
>> Subject: Re: Apache and SSL
>> Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 19:18:53 -0400
>>

>> On Wednesday, July 18, 2001, at 06:59 PM, Todd Reed wrote:
>>
>>> I had originally tried installing it straight from the
>>> /stand/sysinstall.  I had previously had apache setup.  When I send to
>>> install the mod-ssl and the ssl, rebooted, and couldn't get it to
>>> work.  I uninstalled everything and had to reinstall apache like it
>>> was.  I've downloaded the latest mod-ssl, openssl, rsaref, and php.  I
>>> thought I could download the files and install the options from the
>>> downloaded files.  Is there a better way?
>>>
>>> Currently I have apache running like I want it to.  I would like to ad
>>> SSL and PHP capabilities.  Run a httpd and httpsd.  Any suggestions on
>>> a good way to do this with Apache already installed?
>>>

>> check out this article it should work great for this situation:
>>
>> http://devshed.com/Server_Side/PHP/SoothinglySeamless/
>>
>> worked great for me
>>
>> Jake Smith

--Apple-Mail-2045144426-4

On Thursday, July 19, 2001, at 03:23 PM, Todd Reed wrote:

<excerpt>I'm using the link I was given below and everything is going
well, however, I've gotten to a point where I'm stuck.

After I configure the mod_ssl, it tells me to cd into the apache
install directory.  I do that and when I type in:

SSL_BASE=../openssl-0.9.6b

RSA_BASE=../rsaref20/local

I get a message saying command not found.

I tried typing it in as it stated with the \, but that didn't work
either.  Any clues?

</excerpt>Todd,

use a different shell, if you have bash installed just type bash

might want to default to this, it is a much better shell in my very
humble opinion

Jake Smit

</color><excerpt>--Todd

<excerpt>From: Jacob Smith <<jake@coolbluei.com>

<excerpt>I had originally tried installing it straight from the

/stand/sysinstall.  I had previously had apache setup.  When I send to

install the mod-ssl and the ssl, rebooted, and couldn't get it to

work.  I uninstalled everything and had to reinstall apache like it

was.  I've downloaded the latest mod-ssl, openssl, rsaref, and php.  I

thought I could download the files and install the options from the

downloaded files.  Is there a better way?

Currently I have apache running like I want it to.  I would like to ad

SSL and PHP capabilities.  Run a httpd and httpsd.  Any suggestions on

a good way to do this with Apache already installed?

</excerpt>

<excerpt><excerpt>From: Christoph Sold <<so@server.i-clue.de>

> I've got my Apache web server up and running, but I'd like to also

add SSL.

> Does anyone have any good references for Apache and SSL?  I've

checked out

> the modssl and openssl, but I'm having trouble getting them

installed.

Why don't you just install /usr/ports/www/apache+mod_ssl-1.3.x+2.8.x ?

It worked for me without any problems.

HTH

-Christoph Sold

</excerpt>