Date:      Sun, 04 May 2003 23:56:45 -0700
From:      Tom Smith <tom@openadventures.org>
To:        'freebsd-questions' <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Quanta make fails

ENVIRONMENT
FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE
KDE 3.1
Quanta 3.1

When I run make in the Quanta source directory I get the following error:

/usr/include/sys/cdefs.h:273: warning: '_POSIX_C_SOURCE' is not defined
/usr/include/sys/cdefs.h:279: warning: '_POSIX_C_SOURCE' is not defined

After some research, I found that it was recommended (err, required) to
run gmake to compile it. When I run gmake, I get:

Makefile:20: *** missing separator.  Stop

I haven't been able to find any further information on this issue or
what I need to do to resolve it. I think it's a problem with my box (the
problem also occurs when I try to compile kdevelop) but I don't know
where to start looking.